Click on Any Photo Below To See Larger Image ---- New Pictures Are Posted on The 1st and 15th of Each Month.

Sunday, December 01, 2013

A Little Time Off for the Holiday Season


I'm slowly getting back to normal after my week from Hell in the Intensive Care Unit. I was still too weak to join the rest of the family for Thanksgiving Dinner. However, I did get some leftovers the next day.

I know all of you are checking in today to view "Jack's Hot Guys - December 1st." My apologies, but I'm just don't quiet have the strength yet to produce the blog. I'm going to take December off to try to recuperate. 

I plan to get started again on January 1st 2014. I hope all of you have a great Christmas. Remember, it's not what the gifts you give cost, but the thought you put into them. As an example, my friend, Mike, loves hot sauces; so while we were in Italy, I bought him a bottle of hot petter sauce. I know he'll love it.

Hope to see you all back here on January 1, 2014. In the mean time, you might like to look back at pictures blogs from the past.

Jack Scott

16 comments:

  1. Jack....sorry to learn of your health problems there...Hopefully the rest for the month will do you a great service and you will be back full steam in the new year. You will miss some of the parties and hoop-la that goes with them....but not a bad group of things to miss!!!

    Follow the doctor's orders and take care of yourself....We will all enjoy the photos from the past postings I assure you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Silvereagle. I appreciate appreciate your encouragement.

      Jack

      Delete
  2. Is this one of your physicians? If so, I need an appointment and long term care!!
    http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-OcrWQn6HCUA/UoWgmnYJFKI/AAAAAAAAOQI/IZ5Gc-XcACk/s640/hotF7.jpg (From your posting of Nov 15)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Take care, my friend. Your health above all. Some photos less sadden me infinitely less than your problems.
    I wish you all the best.
    Kindest regards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Patrick, you're so kind, and it means a great deal to me. If a man is judged by the friends he keeps, then I feel good about how I'll be judged.

      Thanks so much.

      Delete
  4. Hope you recover soon and well. All the best of the season.
    Brooks

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jack - Sorry to hear of your health issues - but it lightens my heart to know you are healing. Working on getting better over the coming month is the only work you need to worry about. I'm sending healing light and thoughts your way! Pat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whkattk, thanks so much for your caring. I am healing and feeling better each day. It is amazing how destructive three months in bed and a recliner is to the body. The body debilitates so quickly, and the road back is a long one. But I have begun the trip.

      My doctor does not know exactly what he is going to do now. He's considering some radiation which will have its own insults, but will be nothing compared to the chemo which robs you of everything that is part of being a human being except breathing.

      Thanks again.

      Jack Scott

      Delete
  6. Jack, sorry that you are not feeling well. Your health is more important than anything so hope you have some good rest this holiday season. Thank you for all of your hard work in putting this blog together. Take good care and enjoy the time off!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey guy! It is so good to hear from you. I haven't been on Yahoo Chat in over a year I guess. I was on the chemo therapy for just over two years. Gradually but unrelentingly, the chemo pealed off much of what had been my life until I was left unable to do anything other than lay in the bed, sleep most of the day, watch TV some and try to follow the plot, and throw up of course.

      I used writing for the blog to try to keep my mind somewhat active. It was one of those strange times in life when I didn't realize what the chemo had done to me until they quit giving it to me.

      I see on the TV that you folks in Denver are in a deep deep freeze for the next week or so. I don't think I would do too well in that cold just now. In the next few days we are going to have daytime highs in the 30's which is very rare for Houston though it is Spring weather for you.

      I trust you are doing well. Please drop me an email and catch me up on your life. Have a great Christmas.

      Jack

      Delete
  7. Just dropping by to wish you a Merry Christmas, Jack! May you and yours have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just dropping by to say Happy New Year. Have a great time celebrating and may the new year bring you all the joy and happiness possible!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Jack,
    I am not sure what you are in the hospital for, but I wish you a speedy recovery, so you can be active in your life again and to be with your family and love ones.

    I hope your Christmas was a special one, given your circumstances and that your wife and family were around you to add some cheer to your room.

    The main concern is that you heal completely and stay in great health through this new year and beyond so you all can hit the road again and see the rest of the world!

    All the best to you, jack ~
    Marc in Austin TX

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jack, I hate to hear that you have been feeing puny lately! Just so happens that I have been joining in on the lying in the bed for about 3 months now also! I have a pretty bad case of peripheral artery disease that has been progressively getting worse since 2003, almost a little more than 10 years! But like you I am fighting it one day at a time! And just know that you have many guys that are with you each and every day and in their prayers fighting for your speedy recovery and mine too! I do strongly believe that and you must too!!! I hope that you become stronger and stronger with each and every day and know that you are in my prayers every morning and night! Take good care of yourself and I'll be thinking about you guy!

    Kind Regards,

    Marc T. in Tennessee

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just stopping by to say I'm thinking about you and we all miss you.

    ReplyDelete

It takes a lot of hours to find and post all these pictures of great looking men twice a month. For every picture I choose to use, I look at and trash hundreds if not thousands.

My only reward is you choosing to become a follower of the group and/or you dropping me a comment. I always like to hear your comments. You can post a comment at the bottom of the picture list.

It is quick and easy to leave a comment. If you do not have a Google ID or other recognized ID, just click on "Name/URL" in the drop down menu box below the comment button. Put your name in the "Name" box and leave the URL box empty if you do not have a blog of your own. Put your email address in your comment if you would like a reply from me to your email box. If you want, you can always read my comments back to you here in the blog too.

I look forward to hearing from each of you.

Jack Scott